Saturday, March 27, 2010

Thriftathon

Yesterday I picked up my Dad and we had a thriftathon, this is a sport that we both medal in, usually gold, no brag...just fact.

Our thriftathon took us deep into East L.A., through several drive through establishments, past the A&W that once gave me food poisoning because I had to order the Dagwood burger - complete with olive and toothpick, through the exotic Hawaiian Gardens Bingo Parlour and then into some uncharted territories where there was a Donutland next to a Hair City across the street from a Dress Barn.

Here are some the items that I found along the way that I would like to share with you.



First,this 'candy, nuts and pretzels' canister which will hold some of my sewing doo-dads...because I know myself well enough to know that I would never be able to leave those snacks alone if I did fill this up as the labels specify.



Next...a pukey colored fondue pot. This is for a project that I am doing soon and that is all that I wish to say at this time.



And then...these patterns for me to sew for you. Yes you! Weren't we just saying how I should make you something?



Moving right along... to this fabric for my spring kitchen bench cushion covers. Perhaps you will come and sit on them when they are finished? Or admire them from my kitchen window. I promise I won't turn the garden hose on you.



These metal baskets...because I was blinded by a thrifting frenzy and I lost my mind in the curiosity section and wound up with two of these. But I love themm oh! and the silky table runner below them - I nearly fell on the disgusting floor when I found it.



Hello Santa in March...I can't wait to use you in December. I hope you are just as jolly after several months smashed into the linen closet.



See these glasses? They are waiting to be cleaned and used. Hunting theme meets superman and a whole lotta hearts.



Unidentified animal wood shop project to hold my bananas...?

And there may or may not have been a tad more...but I didn't want to overwhelm you and in total, I believe I spent around $30ish dollars the most expensive item being the fabric because there were a few pieces that were marked separately.

No comments:

Post a Comment