Friday, March 12, 2010

Frugal Frau Friday

Welcome to Frugal Frau Friday (Aunt, is this correct?) where I will feature some projects that I have made for pennies on the dollar, or even sometimes for FREE! I love a good deal, and I know that you do too! So here goes....


I know what you are thinking, Carole, those projects that we did last week were cute and all, but what else can we make using this newly acquired knowledge of yoyos. ranunculas and birds? Well, I am so glad that you asked, and I knew you would, so I decided to whip up a few projects so that you can see 'exactly what a machine could do with a lifetime supply of chocolate' (there is a little Charlie and the Chocolate Factory humor for you, the original...no offense Mr. Depp, you know how I feel.



So please, feast your eyes on these incredibly easy and CHEAP projects. Girls, you have made several yoyos now, and by all accounts you are yoyo masters so go for it.





First, the yoyo necklace...comprized of one, two, three, four, five??? yoyos and a couple of garage sales buttons and one thrift shoppe necklace. Total investment - a whopping $2.oo...probably less. Just a few stitches, some hot gluuuuueee and viola.







Next. What??? A yoyofied pillow? Yes, 12 yoyos later, about $3.00 worth of fab fabric, and a pillow that was probably around $8.00, but ladies, we can find them cheaper, this was an impulse buy. Don't you just want to make a billion? ME TOO!








And what is more, those aqua ranunculas, on that navy dress, Lucy Ricardo would call this "A dream!" As do I. Dare I say that I wore this two days in a row, well, I just did. This dress was a steal from Old Navy, something I bought to kick around the house in. Adding a few scraptastic ranunculas made Donatella Versace call me up directly and ask to be my best friend. I said yes.








And last, but not least, ladies, we made a sparkling of starlings last week in the 8:00pm hour, did we not? Here is a sweet little spring wreathe for your door, wall, or a necklace if you're mother nature. Sticks, free from the river bed, or a yard near you. Fabric, This again, is about $3.00 worth of fabric, hard to say though, I used scraps (frugal frugal frau). Hot glue and a small piece of ribbon. So cute, and just in time to welome spring, March 21st???


That will do it for this week's frugal frau...please tune in next week for more money saving projects that look like a millon bucks...or at least $49.50.


And just in case you need a little help, tutorials are on the way, just need a little polishing...stay tuned.








2 comments:

  1. I love all of those!! I want to make one of those necklaces but just haven't yet. Yours is too cute. I love how you can use those on anything and it looks darling!! Thanks for sharing at Spring has Sprung at Fun to Craft. Feel free to stop by the party again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my first time stopping by your blog! Love this projects and can't believe how little you spent. Can't wait to see the tutorials!

    ReplyDelete