Tuesday, March 9, 2010

A Break from Sewing...


Cheeseburger Cupcakes...
It is kind of unsettling how authentic these look, in fact I have made them several times since and there are always a few party goers that are stumped by these cupcakes thinking they are the real thing. They are very tasty and very fun to make. I also make 'fries' to go with them (not pictured here).
'''''
I knew that I would add a revision to this post. All the above is true, but I thought that it was necessary to add that I did not do this alone. No, in fact, I had help. My husband, who never even flinches when I tell him that I am building a teepee, or that I need a duck or a chicken, assisted me in this endeavor. Not only does he willlingly participate in these adventures, but about fifty percent of the time it's his idea. There are many posts to come that will fall under the catagory of "Joint Venture" and this is just one of them. The extremely authentic fondant 'american cheese' that looks as though it has melted..genius, was entirely the husband. He even made his own condensed milk because we had none. He is a boy scout through and through.
This is not to say that there are not disagreements during these adventures. In fact I remember being doubtful that condensed milk could be condensed at home. But...I was wrong, so wrong (did you hear that?) And it was delicious.
So yes, Joint Ventures...more to come involving sawing furniture in half and carrying a coffee table like a pack mule through a crowded swap meet.
Welcome to my life.


2 comments:

  1. I LOVE this!!! Do they taste as good as they look?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! these are incredibly tasty - and I was surprised because of combination of ingredients but yes very very tasty.

    ReplyDelete