Friday, March 19, 2010

Frugal Frau Friday



Hallo Frauen!

Welcome to this week's edition of the Frugal Frau. I have a few good swapmeet finds and what is more frugal than a home garden I.ask.you?

If you didn't know it already, let me tell you a secret, lean in so I can whisper...the swapmeet is the best place on earth to get gifts. Shhhhhhhh!!! Don't repeat it out loud! I am not talking about the swapmeet that has slapchops demonstrations and tube socks, I am talking about 'the swapmeet' where someone brings their junk so that it may one day become someone elses junk, for cheap. We have found so many priceless items at our local swapmeet. Here are a few recent finds...

Did you notice the clown above...when you turn his nose he plays 'send in the clowns...'$2.00! The look on the face of the person who chooses it in this year's white elephant party...priceless. BTW, this clown randomly began to play when it was in the back of my car when we were coming home...creepy.



These scissors are.so.great. I am not sure what they were intended for originally but they are excellent for cutting plants and scaring off assailants...also there is a man who sharpen's scissors outside of the fabric store on Thursdays and I am dying to bring something to him. I was hoping to find a menacing cleaver to bring to him...but these will do.

Here is this years crop of peas, carrots and brocoli. The peas are going nuts! and the carrots are stubborn. Brocoli...no comment at this time. See for yourself below. I'd say that every seed we planted took root, and each seed packet was under $2.00. This is a whole lotta inexpensive food for the eating and gifting. Get ready local family and friends.





Until next time, auf wiedersehen! from the frugal frau...

2 comments:

  1. I found you on new friend follow... :)

    I so want a garden... I am so jealous :(

    grissell

    http://stay-at-homemomwhoknew.blogspot.com/2010/03/angel-of-week-sweet-deliliah.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it. Love the swap meet - the really good ones! I go up to a huge antiques fair every now and then in San Fran. Happy Friday...following you right back...I know I will like it here!

    Holly
    504 Main

    ReplyDelete