Wednesday, March 24, 2010

"Pajamas, let's be more comfortable, okay?"

What does a girl have to do to get a decent pair of 'jammies? Make them, that's what!
After searching high and low and even delving into the deepest depths of discount stores, I found only my most disliked pajama styles.

1. The super long nightgown. You know, the one that your grandma wears...the one that will twist around your waist and ankles until your wrapped tighter than a tamale and if your side of the bed is against a wall like mine is, you end up inching to the end of the bed like an worm. no thank you.

2. Tank and shorts/pants combo. There are many cuts and fabrics that these can be made of but this will not stop the bottoms from riding high on your waist a la Fred Mertz. Next?

3. Husband's old Rush t-shirt and yoga pants. If there is a fire...I will be embarrassed, geez.

I am going to make some pajamas...here are a few patterns I like, we'll see what I come up with.



Kidding...kidding. I did not metion it above, but the adult onezie does not spell comfort to me.



Not too long, not too short...many fabric possibilities. This is a great candidate.



If a bird doesn't land on my finger after I make these, I will be sorely disappointed.

Where are all the good pj's? Any ideas?

2 comments:

  1. I love the research you've done so far! Look forward to seeing the outcome!
    One of my New Year's Resolutions was to improve the general state of my sleepwear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carole, you are cracking me up!!!!!! I just caught up on your recent posts and I read most of them out loud to my mom in law. Keep up the good work. I was at M&L today and thought of a ton of sewing projects I want to do. Now, I just need to sign up for one of your classes. :)

    ReplyDelete