Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Meatloaf Sushi Style and Cream cheese the duct tape of the culinary world...



This was Monday night's dinner. I waited to post it because I wasn't sure how I felt about it. Don't get me wrong, it tasted like heaven. It is meatloaf wrapped in mashed potatoes, sushi-style (though not raw, I feel like I have to clarify). In order to make the mashed potatoes sticky, I added cream cheese. not sure if this actually made them sticky or if it just made them tasty. I say both. This meal will make you want to hug yourself, and I did. The radish roses (...ish) are part of the never ending radish harvest. I was glad to see that some of the neighborhood rabbits have gotten wise to the crop. There were quite a few radishes without there greenery and then quite a few empty holes along the edges - at least someone likes them. Rabbits, have at them. But leave my carrots alone please.

Oh, and happy St. Patrick's Day.

Carole

4 comments:

  1. Who knew meatloaf could be so lovely! The radishes are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your new blog! I wish you could be my sewing teacher...maybe someday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. just an idea for projects...
    http://www.dana-made-it.com/
    I think I showed this to you already but I look at it often and wish I could do half the stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you Megan! Get your craftying/sewing muscles ready. I think next time you are in town all the ladies need to get together and make that shirt dress from dana-made-it.

    ReplyDelete