Monday, March 29, 2010

Monday Monday

Hello and Happy Monday

Looks like the week has begun again, despite the lack of enthusiasm for Monday's in general, it seems to come around again and again no matter what people say behind its back or to its face. I'm talking to you Mama Cass.

I actually really don't mind Mondays. Mondays are hopeful, a new chance to do it all again, an opportunity to maybe come out ahead this week. You just.never.know. Mondays get a bad wrap...for the record, I love Monday and you should too. Yeah Monday. Monday for President. Viva Lunes.



So the big project for this weekend was for my Mom. She works as a surgical tech assisting in many a c-section. She'll tell you all about it, but I cannot listen, because I'll faint dead away at the mere mention of the process. Once I fainted when a man who was about to draw my blood told me not to worry because he does this to oranges all day long. Goodnight.

She asked me a few weeks ago to make her a few new surgical caps. My mother, much like me, prefers things to be a little more exciting than the average bear. The cap she had was cute, but by no means anything we would choose fabric wise. So, I had no pattern, but I did have one of her old surgical hats. It proved to be a fairly easy pattern to make and then sew and I chose some pretty hilarious fabrics too. Mom, you asked for poodles and I delivered. Did you ask for sock monkeys? No? Well, guess what, you got 'em.

It occurred to me that these caps could also be used for food preparation and any other process where your hair is not listed as an ingredient. I am thinking of making a tutorial for these...

'til Tuesday - Carole

2 comments:

  1. Oh I wish I could see the photos for this! For some reason, Blogger hates me today. Your blog and a few others are not showing the photos! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. yikes, i totally saw that earlier but it seems to be working now. sheesh, way to go blog! thanks for the heads up =)

    ReplyDelete