Friday, April 2, 2010

Frugal Frau Friday: Dozens and dozens



So here are the Secret Pocket Easter Eggs that I made using this tutorial.

I really really really really really like how they turned out. In fact, I liked them so much that I made a trillion of them, not so frugal right?...Wrong!There is so little fabric involved that I was able to purchase 1/2 yards of fabrics that I wouldn't otherwise purchase due to cost and still had fabric left over, I even threw in some $1.00 per yard fabric, 'cause it was cute and cheap.

The tutorial suggests candies like jelly beans or quarters to accommodate the small pocket but I was totally able to jam mini candy bars in. And what is more, these eggs can be reused next year! How's that for frugal...hmmmmmm?

Have a lovely Friday...


Carole

1 comment:

  1. absolutely adorable! I hopped over from New Friend Friday and am so happy that I did. I am a new follower and invite you back to my place to do the same. Have a delightful weekend! until later...

    ReplyDelete