Monday, April 12, 2010

Dolores Getting Things Done


Hello Monday -

Let's try this again, shall we?

Many, many sewing projects to do this week...kitchen curtains (finish the hem darn it), buying/cutting/organizing class project fabric, a gift project that I cannot mention out loud just yet and a whole bunch of those hats that I made for my mother.

I would like to get all these tasks done by Tuesday Night...please stop laughing so loudly, I can hear you. If I do not happen to finish this list, ahem, I will be satisfied to have everything done for classes on Wed. But I am aiming high.

Ryan and I got a lot done this weekend despite the fact that I was working on my trapeze act. All of which I will list now because I want to brag a little.

1. We reinforced the peas that were trying to lay flat across the bell peppers with fishing line just like McGyver would if he was faced with this challenge. Remember that episode when he grew peas?
2. We planted a bazillion marigolds for insect repelling purposes and to fancify the garden.
3. We laid bark down on a dirt path on the side of our house. We did not plan to do this, but we are extremely spontaneous when it comes to bark and paths.
4. Ryan cut down a palm tree and broke our shovel in the process. This probably happens to pro wrestlers all the time while they are gardening. Note: Ryan is not a pro wrestler.
4. I planted some cacti, chamomile, $1.00 wildflowers,an herb garden, more tomatoes, and some fancy plants to cover the hose apparatus and I did I mention I swung on a trapeze? Note: I really did swing on a trapeze.
5.We made some bird feeders that you will be jealous of. But don't be, I will show you how to make them and I will post pictures sometime this week.
6. Picked weeds. Picked some more weeds. Ate some lunch and got back to the weeds.
7. Hung a morning glory plant in my kitchen. This is against what most professional gardeners would recommend, but I am doing it anyway. So there. I will take pictures when I looks like I want it too. Science.


More about the trapeze later this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment