Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Things are quite around here today....


I got to thinking about a movie that my Dad and I used to watch all the time. Primrose Path with Joel McCrea and Ginger Rogers in roles not typical to their acting careers (no cowboys or dancing or laughing really).

It's not a comedy at all, but there are quite a few moments where you smile at the innocense of it all and wish you could do things like tip someone sideways in a motorcycle sidecar just to "get a rise out of them." Or ask your father to tell you 'all about 'them ancient greeks."

It is impossible to find this on DVD. Our copy was taped off of AMC onto VHS years ago. I wish that I could watch this right now, but alas, I must go forth into the wide world and tackle sewing, one student at at time (or seven) and that is more that all right with me.

p.s. if you ever get a chance to see this - do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment