Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Surely you know...

...that the fair is coming back to town! I know exactly what you are going to say, you can't stand those terrible rides. Well, me either, for the most part. But what I love about the fair are the competitions, for cooking, fine arts, canning, farming and what am I forgetting? Oh SEWING! yes! I am just so excited, did I say that already, can you tell?

Last year I entered a table setting along with my friend/former co-worker Heather. We used our work time to create a pretty sucessful table setting (if I do say so myself) complete with handmade table cloth, napkins and centerpiece. Perhaps I need to explain this particular competition...you set a table. I am serious. There is a specific way it needs to be done, no joke. We received 3rd place (applause). Table setting to the fair is like curling to the Oympics, it really excludes most of its audience and makes people laugh. Also, no matter how silly it seems you cannot look away. Here is the only reliable source for proper table setting.


Emily Post


I did not have time to enter any sewing last year, but I am making up for it this year. Adult and children original designs...I have something in mind, but I don't want to jinx it so more about that when it's finished.

If you would like to see what other catagories there are to enter or read in greater detail about sewing...click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment