Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter


I was never entirely comfortable with the Easter Bunny coming into my home and leaving me a basket of goodies. I was, in fact, extremely uncomfortable with the thought of a giant rabbit sneaking into my home in the dead of night...breathing his giant rabbit breath. I really had to psych myself out to sleep the night before, listening for those huge feet to come creaking through the house and in the morning, no matter how prepared I thought I was, I was always really horrified to see that he had left a basket...he was there...shiver. Is he still here? watching? Did this ever bother anyone else? No amount of chocolate or colored eggs in shining grass could warm me up to the thought of a huge rabbit, all those things were only evidence that he really existed. I had forgotten all about my rabbit-phobia until today when someone mentioned that the Easter bunny had left behind something or other and I felt this strong sense of relief, I am an adult now, the Easter bunny won't visit me...until I have children. This is definitely something to consider.

I can't help but think that watching this movie had something to do with all of this.

1 comment:

  1. Ha - yeah, giant Easter bunnies are quite scary. And I encountered one this weekend! My mom took me to a dog Easter egg hunt and low and behold, he was there taking photos with the dogs. They were frightened as well! ;) xo

    ReplyDelete