Saturday, April 17, 2010

Done and Done



I really really really dislike going to the grocery store. Time seems to move so much slower within the walls of the grocery store. Simple tasks such as writing a check(not me) seem to drag on and on and on until I have really considered buying one of those horoscope roles just to see if ANYTHING is going to happen next, or if this is it. I can only hear Mr. Bojangles Instrumental so many times before I want to run a muck with a cleaver. I make out a list and then panic and end up with a box of white cheddar cheezits, 1/4lb of butter and some bendie straws and I leave anyway because I am just so relieved to have gotten anything at all. I can still make a mean caserole out of this...take that Martha, Julia, Paula, Giada, Guy and Alton.

Is there some way to never have to go again besides slowly starving to death or randomly showing up at my mother's dinner table?

Maybe.

Ryan and I are in the process of growing quite a bit of food in our garden. I am hoping that we can subsist on this for a while. This is our second time around with a garden so we know just a little bit more than last time and that is still very little. Did we grow enough for the winter Pa? How do we store this food Ma? There are many questions that I cannot answer yet. Luckily we can always go to the dreaded grocery store if we do happen to need food. The Duggar's make their own laundry soap for goodness sake I think I can figure out a way to at least not have to go to the grocery store so often.

So the garden is part of the solution. I would also like to purchase a lot of meat. Legally people, please do not email me if you 'know a guy.' Also, I have some chickens coming to me as last year's birthday gift from my husband. So, eggs, check. Bread, got it covered. What else? Listen, I am not going to go bananas and stop using soap or shaving my legs just so I don't have to go to the grocery store, perhaps a few well times trips to Costco are in order. And we don't really drink milk and powdered is ok by me.

By the way, I am serious about this just so you know. Do not expect to see me knocking on watermelons, or harrassing the lobsters in the tank anymore...well not very often anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment