Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Judy Mary


When I was little my Grandma Judy had a farm. She had geese that bit if you put your finger in their pen and goats, chickens and sheep that liked to follow her in a parade when she walked down to get the mail. My Grandma liked to make things. She could make anything. She said that I could make anything. So I do.

My Grandma Judy is not here anymore. In fact, she's been gone a little over two years and I miss her. I still forget sometimes and go to dial her number to see how hot the oven needs to be before I put in the cheese and rice and then I remember and I do my best without her.

She taught me how to sew and crochet and most importantly she taught me that there was no piece of furniture that we couldn't move together. A lesson once demonstrated around midnight during an engagement party while we were both in dresses and heels unloading a five piece art deco hulk-of-a bedroom set from the back of her truck. We did it and we returned to the party with the healthy glow of ladies who move enormous furniture during a social event...are you familiar with this glow? If not, you probably didn't know my Grandma Judy.

No comments:

Post a Comment