Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Twoosday



I have discovered that Tuesday is the one day of the week, the one chance I have all week to get things done for sewing on Wednesday. It seems I cannot concern myself Friday through Sunday, as I am usually knee deep in the garden or off on some adventure with Ryan.

It took some time for me to realise that Tuesday is the day that I need to harness some supreme concentration in order to accomplish what there is to be done. No dilly dallying at the fabric store. In fact, a lady in line asked me how to make the blanket that I was holding and I rattled off the directions like an auctioneer and sped out of the store leaving a cloud of dust in my wake. Nope, no time. Look it up on the Internet if you didn't hear me. I am a woman determined to finish every.item.on.her.list.

Like I was saying, I used to wait until around noon to begin my prep on Tuesdays. Now I shoot out of bed and land somewhere near my sewing machine. I whip out a few projects...just for practice and then I start into my list making. Blah, blah....blah. This is really just a long story about having finished everything I set out to do today and I am proud.

I would, however, like to suggest that the duration of Tuesday be changed to 48 rather than 24 hours. I realise that this may foul things up a little, being that 2010 calendars have already been printed and such. But think about it, extend Tuesday by one day, let's call it Twoosday, therefore adding another day to the week and bam! Friday can offfically become part of the weekend.

In other news, I made a loaf of french bread to go with soup for dinner. I am not so good at the bread making yet...unless my bread machine is involved. I did not take a picture because it would have fogged up the lens...or because if you saw it you'd tell me to try again or better luck next time Mac (because we are in New York in the forties).


p.s. the cake above features a hotdog wearing a sombrero, no need to clean your computer screen, it is exactly what you though you saw.

No comments:

Post a Comment