Friday, April 16, 2010

Fondue Pot Bird Feeders


Around here on the Clark Farm (slightly short of animals at the moment) we have been making some bird feeders out of old fondue pots because we rule. The birds seem to enjoy them but you never really know with them, they are such an anxious bunch. They scatter when I approach the kitchen sink to fill the teakettle or drop off some dishes. I keep hoping for a really good looking bird to stop by so that I can get a photo but this would involve standing frozen in the kitchen window with the camera to my eye ready to shoot. This could be time intensive and I have not frozen for long periods of time since I left my desk job

These fondue pots and aluminum pan were rescued from various thrift stores and swap meets for pennies. I really like the colors and I did not have this in mind when I bought them, but I started messing around with the design and Ryan added the wooden spoon and figured out the hanging apparatuses and viola.

Dear giant killer doves who take over the bird feeders with their enormous bird bodies,

Please stop dive bombing the feeder and causing a frenzy amongst the other reasonably sided birds, huh? You are making a mess and seriously reducing the chances of one of those really cool blue birds stopping by.

Sincerely -

Carole

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I'm visiting from New Friend Friday! I love seeing others' sewing projects. I sew too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cool. I'm your newest follower from New Friend Friday at The Girl Creative. I love you blog. Can't wait to read more.

    -K
    http://mypottyseat.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete