Thursday, May 6, 2010

you ask, I answer

Sharon said...
I'm wondering why when you go to a strawberry stand, they always place the nicest strawberries at the top of the box. Do you think they would mind very much if I dig to the bottom before I commit to a box?

Strawberry 'stagers' are a dishonest bunch. I mean really? Where DO all of those busted strawberries come from. ABC strawberries, a lot like ABC gum. Strawberries are fragile... that is Italian for really breakable. Some strawberries make it through the growing, picking and boxing stages in one piece and those are the ones that make it to the top of the box. I am quite certain that you would find strawberry mashola at the bottom of all cartons. So here is my solution.

So, I say, you order a box of 'top quality strawberries' wink wink and while the proprietor is telling you that all of the strawberries are 'top quality' you skim the pretty strawberries off the top of enough cartons to fill up the pockets of your culottes (you know you have a pair) and make a run for it... in your culottes. You might pair your culottes with another dated accessory, like some LA Gears, Hammer pants also work, but running is not an option.

I hope this helps.

As always, Carole.

No comments:

Post a Comment