Friday, May 7, 2010

unusual mid-day update...

I completely forgot to tell you that I ran into a herd(?) of wild peacocks yesterday while exiting the Farmer Boy drive thru. No Kidding. For those of you who don't know, Farmer Boy is like a Henry's Burgers, one of those everything is on the menu, from burritos to gravy and this particular drive through is in an industrial area near my house. So needless to say, wild peacocks have no business there. Especially in the right hand turning lane. Did I mention there were four!? If I hadn't been so shocked I might have been able to take a picture with my camera phone. Also, every time I moved my car forward they got right in front of it. I am really not sure how they got there, why they were there, etc. Unusual and worth mentioning. Just in case you are thinking of going to Farmer Boys.

Annnnddddd... I realize that I might sound a little crazy telling you this but I am being terrorized by a butterfly. He(?) is one of those black winged white dotted variety (morning cloak?) and he makes sailing/diving maneuvers at my head every time I am watering and nearly misses my face. I swear I felt his wings on my chin the other day. He is there everyday without fail. He chases other butterflies away. I went outside this morning to get a picture and he was no where to be seen, so I turned on the hose and there was an erie stillness BOOM! He came whirling out of the neighbors yard and came right for me, nearly missing. This butterfly is a total jerk.

I am not even going to tell you of the nasty creature that I found lurking on out ceiling the other night. I'd have to go and take another shower if I went into it. Let's just say it had spotted legs and a grin.

I am being invaded by the animal/insect kingdom.

Carole

No comments:

Post a Comment