Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Life without the internet...

So for the past few days I have had to live without the internet. My laptop is very ill and needs some R&R and refuses to turn on... even with a brand new battery. sheesh. This is a strange strange life without the internet. I have had several instances where I needed to know something and sadly there was no world wide web to peruse for answers. What is the alternative source for information? Should I call people for answers? The library? Encyclopedias A-L or M-Z? I dunno.

This will also explain the absence of pictures from my posts. I know that I can use this precious time that I have now to look for stylish pictures for you to oo and ahh over but really I cannot. This fancy pants laptop has way to many buttons for me to navigate through. I seriously just said that. Lazy? No. Stuck in my old ways of the right click cut and paste? Yes. I know how to do many things. No brag, just fact. But I am afraid that if I took in one more technical thing it will push out some crucial bit of knowledge.

You: Why is Carole wearing her underwear on the outside of her pants?
Your friend: Well, she is really good at working on her husband's laptop now, but her knowledge of proper and appropriate attire has gone right out the window. Sad.
You: Should we tell her?
Your Friend: Nah.

Btw, your friend is mean.

In other news. I got quite a bit of catch-up work done today. Could this be directly related to a lack of internet and television. I'd rather not say.

Thank you and have a lovely Wednesday. If my laptop works today there will be a celebratory post. If not... well, I'd rather not say.

No comments:

Post a Comment